Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Review: Kanebo Freshel Cleansing Oil



Makeup removal is such an important part of a skincare routine when coming home after wearing one day's worth of makeup.  Without removing makeup, your pores will be clog which leads to irritated skin and that leads to another stack load of problems.
Lately, I have been using Kanebo's Freshel Cleansing Oil.  This is the second brand of cleansing oil I've tried.  First being Bobbi Brown's Cleansing Oil so there will be a little comparison between the two in this review.

The scent:  Fragrance-free.  No chemical scent.

Consistency:  Thicker than water and less dense than oil.

Application:  With dry face and hands, I rub 2 to 3 pumps of the cleansing oil between my palms then onto face.  First I work in circular motion on the face than eye makeup.

Packaging:  Came in a plastic box.  The bottle has a pumping dispenser.  It also comes with a stopper.

Thoughts / Results:  Before comparing Freshel with Bobbi Brown's cleansing oil, when looked at Kanebo's Freshel Cleansing oil alone, it's an O-K makeup removing product.  Here's why, it doesn't wipe off eye makeup as easily as it claims.  According to Adambeauty.com, it can easily wipe off makeup in one go - this, I find not true.  I actually have to take time to massage my eyes in order to remove all the makeup.  On rare times, it will leave behind the mascara or eye liner.  After rinsing, I don't get a refreshing clean feel and this may be because of the olive oil base.

Now the packaging, I like how it has a stopper.  Most people would have thrown out the stopper but I actually kept it for circumstances like packing it in my gym bag or traveling bag so it won't leak or spill.

In comparison with the Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil, the BB one is still my first choice.  Not only do I feel that the BB one removes makeup better but it also leaves a clean, non-oily feeling after rinsing.

Cost: $82 HKD (~$15 USD @Adambeauty.com)

Product: Kanebo Freshel Cleansing Oil
Rating: 3 / 5

Pros:
- Does wipe off majority of the makeup
- Bottle comes with pumping dispenser and a stopper

Cons: 
- Leaves a not-so-clean after-feeling
- Sometimes it doesn't completely and effectively remove eye makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...