Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Review: Shiseido Pureness Matifying Moisturizer Oil-free



The Shiseido Pureness Matifying Moisturizer Oil-free was the very first non-drug store moisturizer I have ever used back in grade 9.  Last year, I bought my 2nd bottle of Matifying Moisturizer at the Shiseido & NARS warehouse sale and finished it recently.  Age really does change your skin.  I can feel the moisturizer wasn't as effective on my skin compared to 10 years ago.

The scent:  A light floral scent that smells and feels refreshing.

Consistency:  Texture of a lotion.  Not too thick, not really runny.


Application:  Cleanse the skin, use a toner and finally moisturize. 

Packaging:  Moisturizer dispenses via a pump.

What it claims:  "A lightweight moisturizer, with oil-absorbing powder, that helps reduce surface shine as it provides exceptional hydration to skin. Feels refreshing and ultra-sheer.
Protects the skin's natural moisture balance with Shiseido-exclusive ingredient Hydro-Balancing Complex*, containing botanical extract Palo Azul."

Thoughts / Results:
This lotion is for combination or normal skin individuals.  This means it's best to help people with oily T-zone.  This product claims to provide great hydration to the skin while matifying it on oily areas, but it is not hydrating enough for me.  It does have oil-absorbing ingredient(s) that effectively matifies my skin.  However, on other areas - i.e. the cheek - it's not hydrating enough.  This is prominent when my skin looks cakey with foundation and setting powder on.  Yet I find that even without a hydrating moisturizer, a toner / softener can do help hydrate the skin.  Therefore without a good toner, Shiseido's Matifying Moisturizer is not hydrating enough for makeup to glide on without caking up.  Although it applies on feeling sheer, my foundation doesn't glide on flawlessly even with foundation primer on.  And because of these qualities, I'd recommend using this moisturizer during the day rather than at night and apply it under your foundation.  At night, I'd find a more hydrating moisturizer.

Cost:  $22 CAD @Shiseido and NARS Warehouse Sale (MSRP $40 CAD / $33 USD)

Product:  Shiseido Pureness Matifying Moisturizer Oil-free
Rating: 3 / 5

Pros:
- Matifies skin
- Feels refreshing and sheer

Cons:
- Not hydrating enough

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...