Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Review: Avene Cleanance Anti-shine Purifying Lotion

Ok, so I bought this bottle of Avene toner back in from Shoppers Drug Mart.  Initially, I walked into SDM to look for a solution to the mini bumps near the bridge of my nose and the large pores.  So the beauty consultant at the Beauty Boutique suggested to me this product.  At that time, I stopped using toner for awhile - after noticing the Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Refining Softener Enriched N was drying out my skin, well, plus the cold winter weather.  Anyways, I stopped using toner in my skincare routine and that mistake cause the mini bumps and enlarged pores on my face, near the bridge of my nose.  =(
So the beauty consultant recommended this Avene Cleanace Anti-Shine Purifying Lotion after noticing the enlarged pores and shiny T-zone. =T  Now I've never tried any Avene products before this.  And neither have I heard of any product being outstanding.

Cost:
$24.50 CAD + 13% tax = $27.69 CAD

For skin type:
Oily, blemish-prone sensitive skin

Application:
After cleansing my face with a cleanser, I take a cotton pad and first go over my T-zone area.  Then lightly go over the rest of face and neck.  This product is made of a bi-phase formula, that's activated via shaking.
 
The smell:
There is a slight fragrance scent to it, smells like a floral scent.  It gives me a refreshing and clean impression.  Not irritating or overpowering.

What it claims to do:
"With a very high content of Avene thermal spring water, Cleanace Lotion contains specific active ingredients that gently purify the skin as well as matifying powders to absorb excess of sebum and provide long-lasting anti-shine effect.  Cleanance Lotion tightens the pores and leaves the skin clear, purified and matified."

Results:
I've tried toners and astringents before and they both give me a stingy feeling.  But surprising this product didn't AND it appears to have shrunk my pores.  After using this for the past 3 months and now that I've got 1/5 left of the bottle, I'd like to say that I was satisified with the results.  Though I'm not super happy.  I see less little bumps but they're not gone, even after 3 months of using it everyday and I'm almost done the bottle.  I did use this during those chilly winter-to-spring months.  Therefore, I believe the season has a role in the performance of this product.  I felt it worked best during the chilly season/months compared to the warmer weather.  For the last few warm weeks, it seems to work or rather showed that it worked best when I first apply it right after cleansing my face.  So it appears to have matified my skin, but after a few hours, my T-zone area gets shiny again and my pores didn't really appear to have shrank.  Therefore, I would have to disagree on the "long-lasting" effect.  It's not as effective during the warmer days.     
Also, I'd probably have to disagree on the type of skin this product works best for.  I'd assume it works best for combination skin rather than oily skin.

Product: Avene Cleanance Anti-Shine Purifying Lotion
Rating: 3 / 5

Pros:
- It worked during the cooler season - did give me the purified skin-look
- Minimized the bumps on my face
- Matified my T-zone area for a short period of time
- Doesn't dry out my skin
- No stingy or irritating sensation
- No overpowering scent

Cons:
- Doesn't work well in the warmer season
- Didn't make all my bumps go away
- No long-lasting effect
- Way over priced for its not-so-consistent results

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...