Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Review: EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balms

A little more than a month ago, I picked up three EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balms - Summer Fruit, Honeysuckle Honeydew and Sweet Mint.  I haven't opened the Sweet Mint one, but I can only assume the results are just as great as the other two I've already opened and have been using.  I've stopped using Vaseline as a lip moisturizer/conditioner since then.

Thoughts: 
My first impression of EOS lip balms after first applications was not that great.  My first thought was the waxy feeling on my lips and it didn't feel moisturizing like the feeling you'd get from Vaseline.  Vaseline gives me that slippery feeling on my lips but these lip balms don't.  After using it for around two to three weeks, I definitely noticed the improvement.  My lips weren't peeling.  They were smooth and I didn't feel the urge to constantly reapply it to moisturize my lips. However, the scent of these lip balms do make you want to reapply.

The smell:
Summer Fruit smells fruity.  It's not a strong scent so it's not irritating.
Honeysuckle Honeydew smells like sweet melon.  Again, not a strong irritating scent.

Now the one downside for this product is there's no mechanism or a way to twist up the lip balm when I'm nearly done it.

Product: EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balms - Summer Fruit & Honeysuckle Honeydew
Rating: 4.5 / 5

Pros:
- Moisturizing/conditioning
- No slippery feeling
- Paraben-free
- Petrolatum-free

Cons:
- Doesn't twist up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...