Monday, May 2, 2011

Review: B. Kamins Bamboo and Rice Facial Polisher


This is definitely one of those GWP that I've never expected to be love using.  Usually, I don't expect much out of samples and GWP because I think they're usually products that are either new and need to draw people's attention or they're products rated as not-so-good and companies need to get rid of them.  But for this product I have to say "O-M-G".  Ok fine, maybe I've exaggerated a bit there.  But honestly, I did feel a difference the first time I tried this exfoliating product.  Again, keep in mind these are thoughts of my own. So what may work on me, may or may not work well on you.  My skin leans more towards to not-so-sensitive side but I do have Rosacea cheeks.





The consistency:
It looks creamy but not thick.  Feels light.  There are little crushed up pieces of rice that does exfoliating job.

The smell:
It's got this minty sort of smell.  It's not irritating, but not the most pleasant smell either.  It's tolerable.

Application:
I squirted about a dime-size out on my 3rd and 4th finger and in circular motion, I rubbed it first around my nose and worked my way out.  After a good 2-3 minute rub, I cleansed my face with warm water.  Then carried on with my usual skincare routine - toner, hydrating serum, and moisturizer.





What it claims to do:
"A gentle, polishing, textured cleanser which helps to clarify and refine sallow, thickened, sun-damaged, mottled or acneic complexions.  Combines, natural fine-milled bamboo, tiny rice beads, our super-moisturizing Bio-Maple(TM) compound and gentle tensio-active sudsuing agents for a luxurious at-home spa experience.  Helps to exfoliate dead skin cells, refine pores and improve skin texture for a more even and brillant complexion."
"For all skin types.  A clarifying treatment"

End results:
My skin felt softer, seemed brighter.  I don't have prominent hyperpigmentation from sunspots or blotches of darker spots but I do have a few sunspots / brown spots and it doesn't seem to have helped diminish its appearance.  Maybe with longer use of it, but for now, I don't see a difference.  I do use it on and off.  The lady at Murale who included this product in my purchase told me to use it every other day, but I haven't which would probably explain why I don't see a difference in diminish/reducing appearance of sunspots.
Since my skin felt softer, clearly the product does what it claims in terms of "exfoliate dead skin cells."  I also did notice my pores near my nose have been less prominent, so it did do it's job in the "refine pores" department.  And finally, I do see the brightening complexion result.

Product:  B. Kamins Bamboo and Rice Facial Polisher
Rating: 4.5 / 5

Pros:
- Skin brightening
- Skin feels soft
- Refines pores

Cons:
- Haven't seen the effect of clarifying and refining sun-damaged areas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...