Saturday, April 23, 2011

Review: Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss True Color in Pixel

I've had this Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss True Color in Pixel for quite a few years now - maybe 3 years? Anyways, I've got to say that this is one of my fave nude lip glosses.  It's got tiny sparkles in it, but they don't bother me at all - unlike the MAC ones that feel chunky.  I'm not really into lip glosses that draw too much attention to my lips filled with sparkles.  I like how it does not have that sticky feeling.  I feel like once applied, my chappy peeling lips are covered (near flawless) AND it moisturizes my lips.

The site claims, Lip Enhancing Gloss True Color have "vitamin E and sunflower seed oil" that "nourish with a touch of creamy color and soft radiant shine" and the "velour wand perfectly contours lips."
The vitamin E and sunflower seed oil might explain how I feel about its moisturizing effects.  It softens and conditions my lips.

Plus, I love the colour.  It's a great nude pink colour for me.  I guess more of a peachy pink.

Now the downside of this and probably with every lip gloss is how it wears off so fast.  I'd say after 30 mins, the lip gloss will wear off - even when I don't eat or lick my lips.  So constant reapplication is needed to achieve the consistent results.

Product: Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss True Color in Pixel
Rating: 4 / 5

Pros:
- Great colour
- Nourishing, conditioning, moisturizing
- Helps fix chapped lips
- Camouflages my chapped lips
- Non-sticky
- Tiny sparkles

Cons:
- Not long-lasting at all

Before
After
Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss - True Color in Pixel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...