Saturday, March 19, 2011

Review: Evian Spray

So back in January, I bought two small travel-sized cans of Evian facial spray from Sephora.  I used to use it back in high school, but then I stopped and now I'm using it again.  I've tried using it with and without makeup on. 

It is a natural mineral water facial spray that moisturizes, refreshes and tones your skin.  It "increases your skin hydration by 14%, helps to fix your make-up and offers you constant freshness and purity." It's made in France.  It has an expiration date, January of 2013.

Well does the product do what it claims to do? Yes.  Without makeup, it does feel refreshing after one spray, it does make my skin feel moisturized and toned.  I think the refreshing effect will be even more predominant during summer.  The word 'tone', to me, means tightening your pores and brightening your complexion.  And I do feel like it does that to my skin.  With makeup, I used this product as a finishing touch.  I hold it about 15-20 cm away from my skin and give my skin a quick swirly spray.  But no matter how quick or how far I hold it, excess droplets of water always sits on my skin.  Well then again, the package does say to wait a few seconds, then dab away.  But even so, I don't like the idea of having to dab away because it makes me feel like I'll dab away my makeup.  I knew this facial spray worked because I have a problematic skin issue on my nose.  The skin on my nose is every-so-often peeling off and it really annoys me because my foundation doesn't blend in.  So I just spray a little of the Evian, let it sit there for a few seconds, then dab any excess away.  So it does fix my foundation makeup, not necessarily make my makeup stay on longer like the MAC Fix+ is supposedly suppose to do.

On a side note, I do spray a little of Evian on my stippling brush prior to using because I find it gives a better application and finish.

Product: Evian facial spray
Rating: 4 / 5


Pros:
- Moisturizing, refreshing and tones my skin
- Fixes my foundation makeup

Cons:
- Excess water forms droplets on my skin and I have to dab away the excess, making me feel like I'm dabbing away my makeup

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you've posted this! I was always curious about this product and was not aware of it selling at Sephora (Since beauty guru's often said they've purchased this at -insert american drugstore-). How much did it cost you?

    Cheers, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Deb: These 2 travel-sized cans came in a pack, and it cost me $12 CAD. I was surprised they sold it @Sephora. It was the first time I saw them there when I bought them, and there were 2 packs left so I quickly grabbed one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...