Sunday, February 6, 2011

Haul: Hair-related

So much for budgeting and minimizing spending! =\  Err.  I bought myself a new flatting iron last Saturday from a Canadian beauty store called The Beauty Supply Outlet.  If you're a Canadian and have never heard of this store, it's like Trade Secrets with a little more product variety.  Or if you're from the US, The BSO is much like Sally's Beauty supply store.

Getting a new flat iron has been on my wish list for a long time.  I've upgraded my Conair flat iron that could only go up to 25˚C to my new one by Babyliss Pro that goes up to 232˚C.  This flat iron can straighten my hair and curl it.  I was originally looking at the Babyliss Pro Ultra-Slim Nano Titanium Flat Iron, but the sales told me they were having this on promotion for $ 99.99 CAD.  What's even better is this flat iron includes a free flat iron holder, which solves my problem of not knowing where to place it after it gets hot. 


Now, I knew if I was going to use such high-heat appliance on my hair, I needed a heat protectant.  Originally, I was looking to get the CHI heat guard @Winners (it's like TJMaxx in the US), because they sell it at a discounted price.  But I went to two Winners stores and couldn't find it in full size so I resorted to this Got2B 425˚F Heat Protect.  I haven't tried it out yet, as I just got it today, so hopefully it'll work out for me.  Plus, it's on sale @Shoppers Drug Mart for $3.99 CAD and apparently, this is a pretty popular hair product since it was sold out at the first Shoppers I stopped by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...