Saturday, January 8, 2011

Review: Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Skincare 1-2-3 Set

My first review of this year is on this Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Skincare 1-2-3 set.  This set is very much like Clinique 3 Step skincare.  Well, I've been using this set for over 3 months and I still have about 1/4 left in each bottle/tube. 

First step of the skincare: Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam.  I find that it cleanses my face pretty well.  It forms quite a bit of foam and after rinsing my face, it leaves my face feeling clean.  Now Shiseido claims that this foam "removes dirt, pollution and impurities without drying out skin".  I've tried using this foam with the other 2 products and I've also tried using it alone, followed by Vitamin A cream and sometimes Vitamin E cream.  Either way, it dries out my skin.  It's most noticeable on my nose, which is odd since Vitamin E or A cream are really hydrating.  Ultimately, I'd recommend using a moisturizing cream that really hydrates your skin more than Vitamin A and/or E cream.

Second step of the skincare: Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Refining Softener Enriched N.  The purpose of this product is to soften your skin.  It claims to "instantly infuse moisture and perfectly prepares skin for next skincare step".  Using a cotton pad to apply this, I find it does soften my skin a little bit, but not very noticeable.

Third step of the skincare: Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Protective Moisturizer N SPF 16.  This product claims that it "locks in moisture and nutrients while protecting skin from external aggressors".  Initially after I apply this moisturizer, I notice my skin brightens.  This is a day cream but I find the formula dries out my skin.  The skin on my nose dries out so much that it gets flaky and I can peel off my dead skin cells.  =\  It's winter and the weather is dry; this 3 step skincare set doesn't work well in these conditions.  However, I believe it would be a great summer moisturizer as the consistency is runny, not sticky, and feels light-weight.

Overall, after using the 3 products, Shiseido claims that this skincare set softens your skin within 1 month.  And I do agree with this statement to a certain extent.  There are areas of my face that do feel soft but my nose feels and looks dried out so definitely not soft.


Product: Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Skincare 1-2-3 set
Rating: 4 / 5

Pros:
- Brightens my skin
- Cleansing foam cleans my face really well
- Softener does soften my skin
- Day moisturizer has a light consistency

Cons:
- Dries out my nose, requires a hydrating moisturizer to compensate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...