Thursday, December 23, 2010

Review: NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Deauville

Yes, finally a review on the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation.  I could only justify myself to purchase this foundation because I got it at a discount price at the Shiseido warehouse sale.  This cost me $14 CAD as opposed to $55 CAD @Sephora.
I've been using this foundation for over a month.  In terms of application, I've tried stippling it on with MAC 187 and padded it on using MAC 190se.  Both application methods give a flawless glow finish.  It has a liquid consistency, not very runny.  When stippled on, it is easily blendable, unlike some of the foundations I have had.  As for coverage, it covers the tiny red blood veins I have on my cheeks quite well.  However, don't expect it to completely conceal your dark circles as it doesn't work like a concealer.  Now in terms of long-lasting, it does last for a good 12 hours - with the use of a primer and I don't always take off my makeup right way I get home.  But by the end of the night, my nose crease starts to show that the foundation is wearing off. 

According to Sephora's description page for this foundation, most ladies feel that this foundation makes their skin feel soft and smooth, even out their skintone and make their skin look brighter and radiant.  Undeniably, to me at least, it does do all those features to my skin.  Even though these features are great, it has unfortunately dried out parts of my face - i.e. around my mouth and a little area under my cheekbones.  Basically, it dried out a bit of my non-oily areas of my face.  I started to see flakiness.  My solution to this problem was either applying more moisturizer around those areas or mix in a little bit of moisturizer into the foundation prior to application.

In terms of colour, Deauville is way too light on me so I can't really criticize on how well it matches me.  I can manage to slightly pull it off, but I look way too pale with Deauville on.

Overall, this is a great foundation but I need it to be a little more hydrating.  And with it being at such a high cost, it's definitely a drawback.  It's a good foundation for the summer, not so much the winter.

Product: Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Deauville
Rating: 4 / 5

Pros:
- Brightens and gives radiant skin
- Makes skin feel smooth and soft
- Easily blendable
- Moderate good coverage
- Lasting effect for the first 6 hours
- Evens out skintone

Cons:
- Drying for certain areas of my face
- Doesn't cover dark circles
- Fairly expensive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...