Thursday, October 7, 2010

Venomous Villains Mini Haul

It told myself I can not spend any more money on makeup until I finish what I have now, but it's like I'm addicted to it! I ended up stopping by The Bay to check out the Venomous Villains collection.  I picked up Oh So Fair beauty powder and Heartless l/s but ended up returning Oh So Fair, thinking it won't show up on my skintone.  I never knew makeup can be returned if it doesn't satisfy you.  Anyways, I ended up switching Oh So Fair for Briar Rose since Bite of an Apple was sold out.  I really wanted to see what the BoaA colour would look on my skintone - probably hard for me to pull off - but they didn't have the tester at the counter.

Anyways, as I was returning Oh So Fair, the MA (who is super nice - I'm surprised because I don't meet a lot of nice MAC MAs) sanitized the tester Oh So Fair for me to try on, and it actually looked natural on me.  The colour gives a natural look and if I wanted the colour to really show, I'd have to build on it but I like how subtle the colour was.  But oh well.  What's done is done.

If I do plan on getting Oh So Fair again, I'll probably get it when I go to Buffalo (in the States).  The price difference is so big between Canada and USA that it's shocking.
By the way, MAC has jacked up their prices once again.  I remember MAC lip sticks were $16.50 back in February, but I bought my Heartless l/s for $18.50! And on top of that, we have that 13% HST! Prices in Canada is just crazy on taxes! Actually, crazy is an understatement.

2 comments:

  1. You can always return items to MAC that do not work for you, used or not, they are really good about it. I recently returned the moisturecover concealer because the coverage didn't impress me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, the MA told me items returned won't be resold. Which is the great part of it! =) Because I get a little worried sometimes when I'm at Sephora. Since their products are laid out for people to take, I see girls in there sometimes, going through the boxed packages =S . This kinda turns me off when I want to shop at Sephora.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...