Friday, October 29, 2010

Review: L'Oreal Paris Waterproof Telescopic Explosion in blackest black

I recently bought this mascara because my friend was telling me how it resembles the Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes mascara.  There are two versions - the waterproof and non-waterproof - and this is the waterproof one.
The packaging claims that this mascara can extend and separate your eyelashes to create fanned-out lashes.  It's clump-free, flake-free, smudge-resistant, all-day waterproof wear, can be removed easily with waterproof eye makeup remover and suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

On the first application, it does effectively separate my lashes but with a few more coats, my lashes started to clump.  I would then use a brow comb to separate them.  The mascara didn't flake or smudge throughout the day.  When I removed the mascara, I tried removing it with Lancome's Bifacil eye makeup remover and it came out easily with no residues left behind.
I do like the look of this mascara it creates.  I can go off without wearing eyeliner when I apply this.
However, it is time-consuming when using this wand.  The traditional mascara wand will coat more lashes with one stroke but this mascara wand covers much less area per stroke.





Product: L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Explosion Waterproof in Blackest Black
Rating: 4 / 5

Pros:
- Separates and fans out lashes
- Gives volume and length
- Gets to each lash but require patience as the applicator doesn't have a huge surface area to cover lashes in one swipe

Cons:
- Can clump lashes
- Not the kind of mascara to use when you're in a hurry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...