Thursday, September 23, 2010

Makeup look #2: Natural-looking

This is a natural look using just one simple dark-coloured eyeshadow and no foundation, just concealer.  A perfect look if you don't feel like putting a lot of makeup on your face.  It's light coverage.  It's convenient and efficient makeup look that you can apply and rush out the doors.
First, I applied a oil-free moisturizer and sun screen.  Then applied a small amount (less than dime-sized) of Smashbox PhotoFinish Primer.  And because I don't use foundation, I used my Amazing Concealer to cover my dark circles and the redness around my nose.  And with my MAC Natural Skinfinish pressed powder, I dust a bit on my face.
Today, I primed my eyelids with Urban Decay Primer Potion and applied a dark gray eye shadow, MAC Apres-Ski.
I've basically dabbed my blending brush into the eye shadow and starting from the outer corner of my eye and slowly blended inwards. 
Then using my Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes black eyeliner and my liner brush, I lined my upper eyelid with a cat eye.
I used my Shu Uemura eyelash curler to curl my eyelashes.
This is optional whether you want to use mascara or not.  But today, I used Maybelline's waterproof mascara.
For a final touch, I applied a pinkish nude lipgloss by Smashbox in Pixel.  And here is my final look.
There is nothing dramatic going on at the eyes.  Everything looks natural.  You're not going for perfect-looking skin.  I tend not to fill in my eyebrows, I don't feel the need.  Besides occasional touch-ups at the eyebrows, I like leaving them alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...