Thursday, July 15, 2010

Review: Burt's Bees Sun Protecting Lip Balm with SPF 8



This is my very first Burt's Bee lip balm.  I've been using it for probably more than 6 months now.  When I first started using it, it rubbed off a white chalky, yet waxy, lip balm on my lips.  But apparently, it was because my Burt's Bee was a SPF one.  The original non-SPF ones don't do that.  After a few more uses, the chalkiness went away and you wouldn't notice it on my lips.  In terms of its effectiveness, I think it works well.  It feels different than Vaseline such that when you rub your lips together to evenly distribute the lip balm, I feel more 'friction' with the Burt's Bee than with the vaseline on my lips.  It's kind of weird to describe it like that but that's the best way I can describe what it feels like on my lips.  I guess this is because the content of Burt's Bee is beeswax and not petroleum jelly, so it feels drier.  What about its moisturizing effect? It is nourishing and hydrates my lips, but if I were to compare it to Vaseline, I think I'd choose Vaseline over Burt's Bee.  Personally, I find that Vaseline glides on my lips a lot more smoother than Burt's Bee.  Like it sits more comfortably on my lips than Burt's Bee.

Product: Burt's Bees Sun Protecting Lip Balm with SPF 8
Rating: 4 / 5

Pros:
- moisturizing
- convenient to carry around
- has spf 8
- pleasant smell


Cons:
- at first, the white chalkiness sort of bothered me but it went away after a few uses
- doesn't glide on to my lips that well, kind of feels like I'm tugging a little at my lips when I'm applying it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...